Aurora Andina Cultural Courses
It is important to highlight the artistic legacy that our ancestors have left us here in Peru. Works of unbelievable human creativity, admired throughout the world, can be found in Cusco.
The courses we provide have the following work
• Introduction to the history of painting and drawing
• Development of different techniques and styles.
• Commercial paintings
• Oil painting and acrylic on cloth
• Cusquenian school paintings
Art Work Restoration & Conservation
Focusing on paintings on canvas and wood, the program of work includes:
• Theory of restoration
• Vice regal religious iconography
• Materials, equipment and tools
• Chemistry applied to restoration
• Photography and its uses in conservation and restoration
• Analysis and evaluation of paintings on canvas and wood
• Conservation and the treatment of layers
• Conservation with traditional and modern techniques
• Conservation of paintings on wood
• Chromatic aesthetics
• Evaluation of technical files
• Cataloguing and creating inventories of cultural possessions
Architectonic Sketching Course
This is a journey through the streets of Cusco so always have your pencil and paper close at hand!
The Architectonic Sketching Course will feature the following study program:
• Introduction of the Course
• The Line
• Textures and drawing techniques
• Composition outline
• Fittings and structures
• Body geometry
• Sketching using a thick and fine pencil
• Perspectives and the use of ‘flying points'
• Dark and light
• Architectural sketching
The art courses we provide are certified as technical courses so it is necessary to take each course within the term dates specified. For entrance to Works of Art Restoration and Conservation projects, previous personal evaluation and qualification documents will be required.